Friday, March 26, 2010

WELCOME TO HANDMADE HUSSYS

As a (single) lesbian who likes to make things I am looking for some like minded souls. I figure I am not the only one – well I hope not. I have always been a ‘maker’. By this I mean from the time I could hold a needle, I was sewing. Furiously. Infact I sewed through primary school, high school and uni – I think that’s why I am a lesbian – I forgot to kiss the boys like the other girls did. Instead I was busy making things.

These days I am still fascinated by the beauty of something which is made with another persons hands, passion and sheer will. Myself, I am a feltmaker. A paper maker. And then I also like to recycle clothes and sheets to make quirky kind of cards – I call them ‘cards to keep’. I sell my bits and bobs around the place. I would really like to share the space in between. My etsy shop is called ‘insulate’.

No comments:

Post a Comment